Ever since I discovered coffee I could not go one day without having at least one. Can actually say that I have a major headache if I don’t drink my morning cup of life juice. So this is my tribute to coffee!
I think I was around 14 years old when this became my daily routine. Started with really bad instant coffee, went through the Starbucks “shit, shit, coffee latte” phase and ended up with the fancy coffee that you can buy in the real coffee shops vs horrible corporate coffee from the office. Hell, I had even drink fresh beer with coffee flavor and one of my favorite desserts is tiramisu. It became even more important for me after I got a real job and started working in an open space office. Have you ever noticed how annoying your colleagues are before your first coffee?
The energy boost that I gain after I receive my morning dose of the most spread drug in the world, makes me able to go to my 9 to 5 job and not kill anybody. Generation Y is half made of caffeine and half made of dreams. We see the coffee in our favorite movies, shows, Instagram posts, we started to enjoy the way they misspell our names at Starbucks and we love to start our mornings with the smell of fresh brew coffee. Some would say that this need was induced by all the commercials we see and because our role models are always spotted with the paper cups with the siren on them, I cannot say if we really need the coffee or it is just something we like to have, but I can tell you that we sure as hell enjoy the taste.
I was 16 years old when The Devil Wears Prada came out and it was my dream to become Andy when I grow up. A career as a fashion editor was linked to the coffee the characters were drinking (why all the cool female characters are writers or working at great magazines?) and I was the one that already adored coffee which made me believe I was on the correct path. 10 years after, I am not an editor, neither am I working for a magazine, but I can tell you I am still a coffee addict. My idea of a perfect day is to go out for coffee in the morning and start laying on a paper all my thoughts. Even the idea of a not so good day at the office involves a mug filled with dark coffee.
If I were to make a list of the things that make me love coffee this will look like this:
- The moment you open a coffee bag and you smell the roasted coffee.
- The sound of the coffee machine
- The way the coffee fills the mug and the darkness of the liquid.
- The warmth of the coffee mug when you first hold it.
- The strong flavor of the freshly made coffee.
- The energy boost that you receive 10 minutes after drinking it.
- The anxious feeling you get when you finished your cup and you are so ready to conquer the world.
- The need for the extra cup in the afternoon when everything is so dark and you cannot wait for the working day to be over
- The weekend coffee and the faces of your beloved friends
- The best coffee in town and the smell from the coffee shop
Enjoy your coffee and don’t ever feel bad for your addiction, it is good for your health, I heard there are studies to prove that and I know for sure that killing your colleagues is way worst for your health.